Editor – The Boca Raton Observer
Dynamic and creative Editor needed for established, award winning local lifestyle magazine.
Responsibilities for this full-time position include:
- Developing themes and content
- Executing story ideas
- Editing features and departments
- Writing and coordinating assignments for freelance writers
- Posting information on bocaratonobserver.com
- Recruiting and managing editorial interns
- Writing two to three editorials per issue
- Compiling and coordinating the entire publication from the front cover to the calendar of events
- Representing the organization at select society events including luncheons and galas
Successful candidate should be detail oriented, organized and possess strong writing skills as well as the ability to successfully represent the magazine in the community. The candidate must also possess proven time and workflow management skills. He/She will work closely with the Art and Production Directors.
The Boca Raton Observer is an established, monthly gloss magazine averaging 150 to 200 pages per issue with a 50/50 mix of editorial to advertisement. The magazine is one of Florida’s most award-winning magazines and this year’s recipient of the Florida Magazine Association’s Charlie Award for Best Overall Magazine. The magazine is dedicated to the community lifestyle of affluent Boca Raton, Florida. Total AAM (ABC) audited circulation is 134,000 copies (digital and print), the largest of any magazine in Palm Beach County. Total readership is 165,000. Please visit www.bocaratonobserver.com to view current and back issues.
Editorial experience in magazine publishing is required. You must be able to work well in a deadline-oriented environment.
Salary range is commensurate on experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include salary requirements and three editorial clips. No phone calls please.