Who qualifies for Magazine Membership
Magazine membership maybe extended by the board of directors to sole proprietors, firms, partnerships or corporations or to individuals employed by publishers or editors engaged in the publishing of one or more periodicals which meet all of the following criteria:
- The periodical must be published in Florida. It may be local, regional, statewide, national or international in scope and coverage.
- The periodical must be published no fewer than three times a year, and no more than 52 times a year. Should a magazine that is published fewer than 3 times per year request membership, the magazine must present 3 issues of its magazine to the board of directors. The board of directors will then review 3 issues of the potential member, and at the board of directors’ discretion, may approve the magazine’s membership under the magazine membership category. If the magazine does not meet the criteria set by the board, the magazine will not be accepted into the FMA membership as a magazine member and must apply under the affiliate membership category.
- Over a period of any four consecutive issues, the publication must have an average minimum editorial content (non‐advertising) of 25 percent.
- The publication must agree to abide by the code of ethics of the Florida Magazine Association.
- The publication must present verification of circulation on demand of the Florida Magazine Association.
Publishing/Magazine Company: $375
How to Apply for Membership
Applications for Magazine membership shall be made in writing on forms to be furnished by the association. The two most recent issues of each publication must accompany the application. An application fee in an amount equal to one year’s dues, which sum will be credited to dues if membership is approved and refunded if application is denied, shall accompany each application for Magazine membership. Magazine membership shall be granted by a majority vote of the board of directors at the next regularly scheduled directors’ meeting after the application date. If your application is not accepted all prepaid dues will be refunded within 5 business days.
Contact Karen Tower at email@example.com or call 321-282-5345